The primary mission of the Green Stars Project is to encourage you, dear reader, to consider the ethical impact of your purchases. The best way to do this, and to have an impact on others at the same time, is to rate the product or business with a score for social and environmental impact. Reviews can be posted anywhere online, and I’m proposing a universal ethical rating scale of 1 to 5 Green Stars. The score can be stated anywhere in the text or title of the review.
Write an ethical product or business review
I’m running a competition to encourage you to do this. Two winners will receive a WWF gift (or a $55 donation to a charity of your choice, if you prefer).
Here’s how it works:
- Write a Green Stars review of any product or company.
- Post it anywhere online. For example,
- For a review of a product, post it on any retail site.
- For local businesses, post it on a review site such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, or Google Maps.
- You could also post it on your blog, YouTube channel, etc., if you have one.
- On social media (e.g., the Facebook page of the company you’re reviewing).
- Let me know by posting a comment below or email me jmskrb at gmail.
If you need any help, I’m happy to assist!
I’ll announce winners around the end of February.
Ethical consumerism resources
Here are some resources to assist you on your quest:
Good luck and thanks for considering the idea!